2. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN. The Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Data from people we actually know are under 18 years old, and no part of the Site or Services is designed to attract people under 18 years old. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years old, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Data from our databases.
3. A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. FREEMONEE collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our Site, when you send us information or communications, and/or when you use our Services. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify you as an individual or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
4.1 Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Data from you that you voluntarily provide, such as your first and last name, and e-mail address. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., in response to information posted on the Site), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and certain information that you have requested.
4.2 Personal Data Collected via Technology.
(b) An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer Internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We, or our service providers, may track your IP Address when you access the Site or Services.
(c) “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with the Site or Services. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of the Site or Services may not work properly.
5. USE OF YOUR DATA
5.1 General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. For example, FREEMONEE may use your Personal Data to identify you as a user of our system; provide improved administration of our Site and Services; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services; send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; send you emails regarding upgrades and changes to Services; respond to your inquiries and other requests; to provide you with hardcopy or electronic newsletters, or surveys; or to send special offers related to our Services and for other sales purposes of FREEMONEE or Third-Party Companies (as defined below), should you opt in to receive such sales-related communications by following the instructions we provide.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6.2 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), FREEMONEE may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on FREEMONEE; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of FREEMONEE or users of the Site or Services.
7. THIRD PARTIES
7.1 Personal and/or Anonymous Data Collected by Third Parties.
(a) We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, or from companies that provide our products or services by way of a partnership with us or companies that offer their products and/or services through a partnership with us (“Third-Party Companies”). We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our website in order to improve the products and services we provide.
7.2 Disclosure to Third-Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from the Site or Services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with our third-party service providers, in order to provide you with the Site and Services, to conduct quality assurance testing, to provide technical support or to provide specific services. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by FREEMONEE. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing the Site, Services and related products and services to you.
7.3 Disclosure to Third-Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with Third-Party Companies. A Third-Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Data to a Third-Party Company; however, we will not disclose your Personal Data to Third Party Companies for the Third-Party Companies’ own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted in to receive sales-related communications from a Third-Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of this communication, please contact the Third-Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of Third-Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third-Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
8. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
8.2 Changes to Personal Data. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us by contacting us at email@example.com and specifying the information you wish to have deleted, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. FREEMONEE is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that FREEMONEE cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data and mistakes may happen.
Attention: Customer Support
411 Borel Avenue, Suite 310, San Mateo, CA 94402
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. If you believe that FREEMONEE has not adhered to this Statement, please contact FREEMONEE by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation. If you and FREEMONEE are unable to reach a resolution to the dispute, you and FREEMONEE will settle the dispute exclusively under the rules of the American Arbitration Association www.adr.org.
12. DEFINITION. “FREEMONEE” as used herein is defined as FREEMONEE, Inc. or “we” or “us.”